Our new favorite dish at home is Chinese Orange Chicken. My wife cooked it at first, and my kids loved it. Soon after I started cooking, it was well. It is the ideal family menu.
You may know this dish as a takeout from your local Chinese restaurant. But when you cook chicken breast at home, fry the chicken and add tasty orange zest and orange juice, it tastes much better.
Below are the step-by-step instructions, as well as all the ingredients needed.
Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe
Orange chicken is made with boneless chicken pieces. They are marinated using wheat and fried to perfection. The orange sauce uses fresh orange juice and zest, as well as vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Spice the orange chicken using chilies, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Orange Chicken (Cooking time 25 minutes)
1. To Cook the rice
2. Before you start with the chicken, add the white rice to a rice cooker or boil it in a pan.
3. Use 3 cups of white rice for 3 chicken breasts.
4. Always use 1 cup more water than rice when boiling rice. So if you use 3 cups of rice, add 4 cups of water.
5. To prepare the sauce
6. Mix sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, ginger, orange juice, orange zest, cornstarch, and cold water in a medium-sized bowl.
7. To cut the green onions
8. Cut the green onions into rings.
9. To cook the chicken
10. Marinate the chicken using flour and cornstarch. Add a pinch of salt.
10. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan until bubbles appear. I only use little to no oil. It depends on how good your pans are. You don’t want the chicken to stick to the pan. This will take about 3 minutes.
11. Cook the chicken pieces in the pan with vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
12. Add the marmalade and the sauce you have prepared.
13. Bring everything to a boil. Then set the heat to a low setting (2-5). Let everything simmer for 10 minutes and stir from time to time.
14. To garnish
15. Add rice to the plate and put the orange chicken on top. Garnish with green onions.
3 cups of white rice
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut. them into cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons flour
(Whisk with 3 eggs and add them)
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons orange zest
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 bunch of green onions
Chinese Orange Chicken is so delicious. I can’t wait to hear from all of you about how it turned out. And what your beloved family members said about it! Write me on Instagram @foodandfizzcom