What is rib meat In chicken? I love chicken and can never seem to get enough of it. I recently read about rib meat in chicken and was wondering what it meant.
Let me say that I was right with my initial assumption. But here is what I found.
What Is Rib Meat In Chicken?
In chicken, rib meat means what remains attached to a chicken’s rib cage after the breast meat of a chicken has been removed. Unless one looks closely, it is hard to distinguish between breast and rib meat. Nevertheless, a potential difference is that breast meat goes beyond the ribs of a bird and has a mixture of brown and white meat.
How Do Chicken Ribs Taste Like?
However, in the rib meat, there is some extra juiciness. The juiciness isn’t attractive to everyone. You can trim it if you don’t like it after the meat is cooked. However, it might be difficult to notice its presence after the chicken ribs are cooked.
Where Can I Use Chicken Rib Meat?
While chicken rib meat appears less attractive due to its fatty nature, I don’t throw it away. That’s because I have other great uses for the meat. Some of the delicacies where I have found chicken rib meat to be an essential ingredient include;
- Making soups,
- Making sauces,
- Cooking stews, and
- Cooking grains
In all the uses above, the chicken rib meat adds flavor or thickens the food. It’s one of the best uses of chicken rib I have found. I love the taste and bet you would too!
I will give two recipes, one on how to make soups and the other on how to make a sauce using chicken rib meat.
How to Make Soup Using Chicken Rib Noodle Meat
The process is simple and exciting. I’m always thrilled by the outcome whenever I make my chicken rib noodle soup. If you follow these simple instructions, you will also learn how rousing this is, and you’ll definitely love the outcome.
Below is a list of what you need and the steps to having your favorite chicken rib meat soup.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Chicken rib meat
- 2 Medium-size carrots
- 1 ½ Tbs of dried basil
- 1 ½ Tbs of dried parsley
- 1 ½ Tbs of dried oregano
- 1 Tbs of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of egg noodles
- 50 grams rosemary
- 1 Medium-size yellow onion
- 8 cups of water
- Step 1: Put the olive oil in a cooking container, and add minced garlic and diced onion. Heat until the onions soften and turn brownish.
- Step 2: Add your chopped carrots and cook for several more minutes.
- Step 3: Add the chicken rib meat alongside basil, oregano, rosemary, freshly cracked pepper, and parsley, and stir to mix thoroughly. Let it heat for a minute or so as you continue stirring, and then add 8 cups of water.
- Step 4: Cover the cooking pot and heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the already-forming broth simmer for about an hour.
- Step 5: After the one-hour simmering, use tongs or any other usable utensil to remove the chicken rib meat from the cooking pot. Pull the meat from the bone and slightly shred it.
- Step 6: Add noodles to the mixture and raise the heat. Let it cook for approximately 7 minutes. Add the shredded chicken rib meat to the pot and stir to mix the broth thoroughly. Add the salt if needed, and let it cook for about 3 to four minutes.
There it is! You have your delicious chicken rib noodles soup!
How to Make Chicken Rib Meat Sauce
Want a heavenly taste of a chicken sauce? That’s how you do it.
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of dried basilic romain
- 1 ¼ Tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 ¼ Tablespoon of dried thyme,
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ Kgs of chicken rib meat
- 100 grams of grated butter
- A single bay leaf
- 3 Pieces of coriander
- 1 Medium-size onion
- 6 cups of water
- Step 1: Put the olive oil in a cooking container. Add minced garlic and diced onion. Heat until the onions soften and turn brownish.
- Step 2: Add your sliced coriander and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Step 3: Add the chicken rib meat alongside basilic romain, thyme, bay leaf, freshly cracked pepper, and parsley, and stir to mix thoroughly. Let it heat for a minute or so as you stir, and then add 8 cups of water.
- Step 4: Cover the cooking pot and heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the now-forming broth simmer for about an hour.
- Step 5: Remove the chicken ribs and extract the meat from the bones. Shred the meat and put it back into the mixture.
- Step 6: Melt the butter in a different container and add it to the mixture. Let it cool to room temperature.
There is your sweet homemade chicken rib meat sauce!
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Chicken Rib Meat?
As someone who is always keen on the safety and benefits of the meals I take, I have several reasons why I love chicken rib meat. Some of my top reasons include;
- It’s rich in minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, and potassium that are helpful to the body.
- It contains several vitamins significant in shoring the bones and enhancing the immune system.
- It’s suitable for people suffering from hypertension due to low sodium content.
- It contains an amino acid called tryptophan that enhances one’s moods.
Frequently Asked Questions to What is Rib Meat in Chicken
Is Chicken Rib Meat Delicious?
Chicken rib meat is delicious. However, this will also depend on one’s ability to prepare a good recipe.
Can I Mix My Chicken Rib Meat with Other Foods?
When cooking dishes such as stew or soup, there is absolutely no harm in mixing them with chicken rib. That’s because they add taste to the broth.
Can I Remove Meat from the Chicken Ribs When Preparing a Meal?
It’s possible to separate the meat from the bones when cooking a recipe. However, it is quickly done when cooked than when raw.
Conclusion to What is Rib Meat in Chicken
Rib meat pertains to the meat that is attached to the chicken’s rib cage after the breast has been carved and removed. At first glance, it may be hard to differentiate from breast meat but rib meat is fattier and juicier compared to breast meat.