What Are Golden Fingers On A Chinese Menu? Chinese golden fingers are Maida Flour-made slices that take the shape of human fingers. Besides Maida flour, other ingredients may include sesame seed, bread, and some other vegetables.
Golden fingers can be rectangular or cylindrical in their shape, depending on personal preferences, ingredients, and equipment used. Chinese golden fingers’ size ranges from 6cm to 35cm in length, while the thickness may be a few centimeters.
Golden fingers on the Chinese menu are some of the most delicious and appetizing snacks I’ve ever eaten.
How Golden Fingers on Chinese Menu are Made
Making Chinese gold fingers isn’t as hard as it may sound. The process begins with simply blending the vegetables and then squeezing them to rinse off excess water. The blended vegetables are mixed with mashed potatoes. At this stage, pick a bread slice and spread the mixer on top, and then cover it with a Maida flour solution. Sprinkle sesame seed on top, and then deep-fry it to make tasty Chinese gold fingers.
Which Is The Best Recipe I can Use For Chinese Golden Fingers?
Well, there are dozens of possible recipes one can use when making Chinese golden fingers. However, I have two best recipes that one can use to make delicious Chinese golden fingers that no one wants to miss.
One is already explained above, though I will get into details about it. The other is the Chinese chicken golden fingers which I will also outline a simple recipe that you can enjoy. I have loved the outcome in both cases, and I’m sure you will.
Chinese Vegetable Golden Fingers Recipe
Since it’s already described above, I’m going directly to the ingredients and the procedure, and I know you’ll like it!
- One grated carrot
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- One small sliced onion
- 2 Tablespoons of red chilli flakes
- Sichuan sauce
- 100 grams of sesame seeds
- 0.5 Liters of cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered white pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of MSG
- One loaf of sliced bread
- A teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Maida flour
- 5 Tablespoon corn flour
- Ten finely chopped French beans
- 1 Small finely chopped green capsicum
- ¼ of finely chopped small cabbage
- One teaspoon of grated cauliflower
- Mashed potatoes
- Step 1: Put two tablespoons of cooking oil on a small pan, and add the chopped onions. Let them cook until the onion turns brownish, and then add capsicum and stir.
- Step 2: Add other vegetables and let it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes as you stir.
- Step 3: Add the salt, the chilli flakes, mashed potatoes, and the Sichuan sauce and let it cook for an extra two minutes.
- Step 4: Pick a slice of bread and spread the mixture on top.
- Step 5: Now mix all the remaining ingredients except oil and sesame seeds. Add a little water to the mixture to make a sticky liquid.
- Step 6: Cover the bread slices in step three with the flour mixture in step 4.
- Step 7: Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Step 8: Heat the oil until it’s ready for deep-frying and then deep-fry it for a minute.
- Step 9: Remove the bread from the oil, slice it into four equal pieces, and cover it once more with the flour solution in step 4.
- Step 10: Now deep-fry the slices until they turn golden.
Wait for the snack to cool down, and enjoy it!
Chinese Chicken Golden Fingers
If you’re looking to make delicious chicken golden finger, I recommend this simple recipe. The flavor is exceptional, and it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare.
- 1 lb of cooked chicken breast meat
- ¼ cup of water
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ Maida flour
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1/3 teaspoon of sugar
- 0.5 Litre of cooking oil
- Step 1: Mix Maida flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt with water to make a thick solution.
- Step 2: Slice the cooked chicken breast meat into small pieces that are finger size.
- Step 3: Dip the slices in the mixture in step 1 and ensure every part is well covered.
- Step 4: Heat the oil to a temperature of about 360 °F.
- Step 5: Deep-fry the slices until they turn golden.
- Step 6: Remove the slices from the oil, and let them cool down.
There you have it, and you can now enjoy your golden chicken fingers.
Why I Love Making Golden Fingers
Everyone has a reason for loving a particular snack, and I have several reasons why I like Chinese golden fingers. I may not be in a position to list all of them, but you can be pretty sure the ones I do are the best and could entice you to like the fingers too!
1. Tasty and Delicious
Whether a chicken or a vegetable Chinese golden finger. Chinese golden fingers are well-flavored snacks that I can take at any time.
2. Easy to Prepare
As you have noted, I just take a maximum of 20 minutes to cook my Chinese golden fingers. So, you can do it and still get to your job early.
3. It’s Mind Relaxing
Making Chinese golden fingers is fun from the start to the end. I take it as part of my leisure activities.
As you have noted, there are vegetables and meat in some cases. This is a balanced diet for anyone who needs a snack!
Frequently Asked Questions to What Are Golden Fingers On A Chinese Menu? How Are They Made?
How Long Does It Take to Prepare Chinese Golden Fingers?
It takes a person about 20 to 25 minutes to prepare golden fingers, depending on the ingredients and the quantity. However, one must have already cooked the chicken and mashed potatoes.
Why Must I Precook the Chicken Before Making Golden Fingers?
Precooking is good to ensure the chicken is fully cooked even after making the golden fingers. Otherwise, it would be undercooked, thus posing a health risk to those who consume it.
Are the Chinese Golden Fingers Delicious?
Chinese golden fingers are some of the most delicious snacks you can have at any time of the day. If you haven’t tried it, it’s time to have it, and you won’t regret it!